Monday, October 22, 2018


Cari amici. Do you know what is always a depressing thought? Those "last" moments. The last bite of a carmel apple. The last sip of your 7/11 hot chocolate. Your last year in highschool. Your last goodbyes to loved ones. And yes, your last week as  a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.

It feels as if it were just yesterday that I said goodbye to my family and I followed a missionary  who just arrived to the MTC only a couple weeks before I did. I never have laughed so hard in my life as when I was in the MTC. The numerous apostles that came and spoke was just incredible as well. It didn't take long until I found myself in Italy. Where I quickly learned to love the cobble stone streets I walked and listened to Italian farmers scream "UN EURO!!!" as they sold fruit from their little stands. The graffiti never seemed to go away, but I learned to enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed the historic art, ruins, and many other ruins, sometimes dating back 2,000 years before Christ. Don't even get me started on the incredible pasta, pizza, and dolci or getting to see the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, the Colosseum, and many other breathtaking views! While I have grown to love all these things, I don't think it will ever compare to the love I have for the people that live in this beautiful counrty. 

As a missionary you have an incredible opportunity to forget yourself in the service of God. As you do so, you begin to grow a love for the people you are serving that is beyond any other feeling you have ever felt. You truley understand what it means when they say "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God". I will be forever grateful to My Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to experience this. You see, a mission doesn't take two years of your life, but instead, gives you a lifetime worth of experiences. You give your life over to God and He takes it and does some pretty incredible things with it. 

I know that God lives, that He sent His son to die for us. I know that through Christ we can one day live with our families and our Father in Heaven. I know Joseph Smith was called to restore the church in these latter days. I know that through Russel M. Nelson, Christ leads and guides this church today. I invite all, to come and listen to the message of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Thank you for all of your support and love, I couldn't have done it with out you all! See you soon.






Anziano Andersen 🚀
Romans 1: 15&16    🌍

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Cole. I always knew you'd be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it man! Proud of you. Keep your testimony burning and continue to pray read and testify. Good habits for the rest of your life. You'll always find yourself on the bright side of life and be able to lift others.

    ReplyDelete